No matter, how careful you are with the cleanliness of your shoes, they do get dirty with usage. Just as all fingers are not equal, cleaning of different types of shoes is also not the same. A specific method for cleaning should be adapted as per the nature of the shoes.
But alongside the basic step by step procedure, it is important to note that we have to consider the material and texture as well as the kind of shoes we have to clean.
If you need to know more about how to clean the dirt off shoes, you must know the kind of dirt on the shoes and the materials with which the shoes are made.
Some materials are not water-resistant or the overall texture of the material may not support cleaning with harsh chemicals or moisture on it as ell. In such cases, special cleaning products must be chosen very carefully.
It is also imperative to note here that dirt of different types such as mud, dirt, scuffs or debris, etc. warrant special treatment in the initial phase of the cleaning process. This is what we will be covering in this guide.
Cleaning The Dirt off The Shoes
- Fabric shoes are highly vulnerable to catching dirt, mud, debris, and scuffs. To treat debris and dirt, employ a toothbrush and gently stroke off the debris and dirt off it. For scuffs, you can use nail polish remover with a cotton ball, while making gentle circular movement on the scuffs.
- For cleaning the bottom of the fabric shoe, baking soda is a highly trustworthy solution. Baking soda with an equal proportion of water should be mixed to make a paste. Dip a clean toothbrush in it and gently massage the soles. Wipe clean the sole with a wet cloth once done.
- If there are any stains then get them treated with a stain remover. Just apply stain remover over the spot and let it sit on the shoe for some time before wiping it off.
- Wash your shoes in a washing machine on a gentle wash cycle. You may add laundry detergent with no bleach in it. The water temperature chosen should be cold.
- Air-dry the footwear. Give ample amount of time for drying or otherwise the fabric shoes may result in a very unpleasant smell.
- A small brush with stiff bristles is desirable here. Use it to gently remove any debris or mud from it. Make sure that you don’t scrub too hard as leather shoes with aggressive treatment could get scratches.
- Take a clean dry piece of cloth and use it to wipe off any oil, grease or grime from the leather surface.
- Take a damp piece of cloth this time with warm water and wipe it over the surface of the shoe very gently Make sure that you do not saturate the leather or irreversible damage could be done to the leather footwear.
- Air-dry the shoes only. You need to ensure here that a good amount of time is given for the pair to dry. While air-drying, also ensure to keep the pair away from heat, air vents or direct sunlight.
- Cream leather should be applied then using soft fabric and let it sit over the shoes for a few minutes. This will enhance the longevity of your leather shoes.
White Running Shoes
Take a damp cloth and wipe the top of the white leather thoroughly. If there are stains then take a small quantity of shoe cleaner specifically for white shoes. Alternatively, you may also use toothpaste onto the shoes. It should be very carefully and gently rubbed then.
Take A Clean and Dry Towel To Wipe The Surface of The Footwear.
Take a shoe brush to scrub the footwear very gently with detergent. Once done then you need to rinse the footwear thoroughly and submerge right after in hot water. You can add a drop of bleach as well in the water.
Air-dry The Shoes Once The Above Step Is Completed.
Your white mesh and or leather material combo can also be washed easily in a washing machine. Make sure that you read the label of your footwear having the washing instructions on it. Once you toss your shoes in the washing machine then put it on a hot water cycle.
Also, splash some detergent in it. For running shoes, it is important to remove the laces from the shoes before putting them in the washing machine. Bleach should be avoided to use here as that may result in the synthetic fibers of the white running shoes turning into yellow color.
Precaution: Never try to wash shoes in a washing machine with laces on it, or the shoes which are made up of mixed materials. Because of the fact if you wash such shoes it may cause deformation and problems in shoe size as well. The overall look and color may also be ruined if the shoes are not safe for washing.
Easy to clean shoes that are made up of patent leather and damp proof or moisture resistant shoes are easily cleaned with moist cloth or fabric. Further, the surface is dust and dirt resistant and sometimes such material will easily skip dirt because it may not keep the dirt on it.
Different shoe material requires a different type of cleaning treatment. For the fabric, running or leather shoes, you need to follow certain steps from debris cleaning to give them final cleaning touches. To get the best results you need to choose only the applicable procedure for the type of footwear, especially in terms of the tools or cleaning material used.
Further, it is important to know that the shoes are cleaned easily if you can dust them off immediately or get them cleaned without delay. The more you let them keep the dirt on them, the chances are more than the shoes, their material, their texture may get affected severely.
So it is always better to take care of the shoes and get them cleaned as soon a possible to avoid issues like stains and texture damaging impact on the shoes.
Reference Related Posts: