Section 1- I think we can all unanimously agree to the fact that we do not have peace until we remove the stains on our stylish shoes. If you are someone like me, who wears their white shoes everywhere because you are obsessed with them or if you are just someone who has not used their shoes in a while that has turned them yellow then here are a few tips and tricks that will run you through how to remove yellow stains out of white shoes. This article will make cleaning your white shoes fun and easy promising not to cause any damage to your shoes.
Section 2- The things required to clean your dirty looking yellow shoes are neither expensive nor are difficult to find. Here is a list of things you will need:
Section 3-There are 5 different kinds of methods that are very simple to do just at your home. They give you effective results, easy to do and consume very less amount of time. From the below five methods, choose the one most convenient to you and what would be most suitable for the kind of shoe that you use. These methods are sure to relieve you from dirty yellow shoes forever.
METHOD 1- The first method needs soap, any mild detergent or a shampoo that you use. This method is quite easy as you are sure to find one or the other at your home. The steps in this method are:
1. Mix the soap or detergent of the 1/4th cup in two cups of warm water
2. Use the above solution as a cleaning agent
3. Take a cloth and dip it in the cleaning solution
4. With the cloth scrub on the white shoes repeatedly and gently until the yellowish tinge in the shoes are gone
5. Once it is over, wash the shoes and keep in a warm place to dry.
METHOD 2- The second method needs a magic eraser. This method is perfect to not only remove the yellowing stains on the fabric such as cloth but even on shoes made of leather and removes the yellowish stains on the soles made of rubber and plastic. For this method, you need to buy an eraser such as Mr Clean magic eraser.
The reason this is one of the most effective methods is that magic erasers are made of something called melamine foam. When this is rubbed with water it becomes foam. The micro structures in the foam act like a kind of sandpaper that removes stains well. The steps you need to follow in this method are:
1. Get your shoes that are yellow
2. Wet the magic eraser with warm water or some soap
3. Rub the yellowish parts with the eraser till you can clearly see the white in your shoe again clearly.
METHOD 3- In the third method you can either use bleach or hydrogen peroxide. Bleach can be used to clean the yellowish tinge in the shoes very easily, but using bleach directly can cause more harm to the shoe than clean it, the bleach should be mixed with five parts water before using. Hydrogen peroxide, on the other hand, acts like a brightening and cleaning agent, being non-toxic it is safe to use and apply. To clean the yellowish stains you need to:
1. You can either make a paste of hydrogen peroxide with water or use bleach that is mixed in water
2. Then, use a toothbrush or cloth to rub the bleach or hydrogen peroxide on the yellow shoe
3. Since bleach is a strong cleaning agent use gloves and even wear a mask
4. Rub over the yellow areas and repeat so till the shoe is white.
METHOD 4- The cleaning agent used in this method does not need any extra effort to get. Just by using a lemon you have at home, you can make your yellow shoes completely white. Lemon, being highly citric in nature, it acts like a type of bleach. It also acts as a disinfectant which will remove any kinds of germs on the shoe that might have been there because of prolonged usage. This helps avoid infections. All you need to do in this method is
1. Squeeze out some lemon juice into a bowl and add a little water to it
2. Take a piece of cloth or a sponge and dip it in the lemon juice
3. Scrub the yellowish areas using the cloth or sponge
4. Once the shoe is white, make sure to clean it with water to remove any lemon juice left on the shoe.
METHOD 5- This method is perfect if you are in too much of a hurry even to use the above methods. Although toothpaste is not as excellent of an agent in cleaning, it is very effective as a covering agent. If you have to leave home in less than five minutes and badly want to sport your your white shoes then this method is perfect for you. What you have to do is
- Take a toothbrush and apply some toothpaste over it
- Rub the toothpaste wherever the shoe is yellow till it is covered and the toothpaste makes it look white
• Once it is white, you are good to wear them!
Section 4- Making use of all the above DIY methods is sure to make your beautiful white shoes stain free. Even if your shoes turn yellow you need not worry as you will just need five minutes of your day and one of the five methods to easily clean your shoes. Please review each method and let us know which one of the methods was the most or the least effective to you. If you want a visual picture of all the methods then click on the link below
If these methods have been helpful to you, make sure you share them with everyone you know for assured good results.